Challenges

Psalms 2:12 "Kiss his son, or he will be angry and your way will lead to your destruction, for His wrath can flare up in a moment. Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."

Correction. It's one of the hardest words to swallow. I'm not sure why it always hurts so much - is it because of guilt? Sinful pride? A mixture of it all? This verse talks about the disappointment of following our flesh. But David doesn't even use the word disappointment, he uses the word destruction. My way, if I follow in it, will never be successful and the Lord knows it. That's why His wrath comes in an instant. 

This week I had a wake up call. 
They call it a wake up call for a reason, because before I was asleep on the job. It's no secret that I love Uganda, I love my teammates, I am trying to love God with everything, but I'm not giving my everything. There is so much I need to mature in, so many areas I need to grow and be more responsible with... So God showed me this verse and clearly showed His wrath, but He gives more grace. He is doing it because He loves me. I am still His daughter, He is still shaping me, and in order to grow I need to keep up the pursuit and go stronger than ever. One thing that has been ringing in my ears is this, "to those who have been given much, much is expected." I know it is a privilege to be here in Uganda serving the Lord with such a fantastic ministry. But with this great privilege comes great responsibility, and I should never be okay with lowering the bar. 


Correction. It hurts, it molds, it's uncomfortable, it's necessary, it reveals His grace. Thankful for the hard weeks, too. 

Comments

Popular Posts