Thanksliving

11/25
         Joshua 24:13 "So I gave you a land on which you did not toil and cities you did not build; and you live in them and eat from vineyards and olive groves that you did not plant."

       Thanksgiving was this week, and it is no wonder why this verse stuck out to me. God blessed the Israelites by giving them this promised land with food already provided and a city already built. These gifts were a huge blessing to them, and the gifts the Lord has given me would take years to list. I have been challenged lately with having a grateful heart. I am truly so grateful for where I am right now. This thanksgiving day I obviously couldn't spend it with my family in Pennsylvania, but God has given me another family with Potter's Field to spend it with! The Tour Girls, Joanna, and I went with the Rozell's to Pastor Don McClure's house and had a really sweet time sharing thing's we were thankful to God for this year. Mine is probably obvious, but the Ignite program has literally changed my life and I know my life will never be the same after the summer of 2017. 
         The problem is not that I don't have things I am thankful for, it's that I don't live a life that reflects that I am thankful at times. A higher priority needs to be set on thankfulness in my day-to-day life. I am challenged today by needing to be more consistent and more enthusiastic when it comes to thanksgiving. One of the greatest things I can do with my life after receiving what Christ has done for me is to live my lives in gratitude to Him, and I plan to live that out more starting right now.  

Comments

Popular Posts