Psalm 17:15 “As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness.”

When I first read this verse I thought about how many times I am distracted from spending time with the Lord, or how often I read my Bible just to get through my devotions. Since being in Guatemala, being in the presence of God has become way more important to me, but before coming here it was always a struggle of mine to start my quiet time. I would instantly wrestle with distractions and sadly, they would usually win. If I did end up reading, it would be quick and empty.  
I thank God He has been showing me the satisfaction there is in waking up and spending time in His Word. Everyday there is something new He is challenging and encouraging me with. This entire week has been about contentment, and we will never be content without first focusing in on the Lord and being satisfied with Him first. There will always be ways I can draw closer to Him, there will always be areas to surrender, so my goal isn't to be satisfied in my current spiritual maturity - but to grow in that. However, I will be content where the Lord has me and I will choose to find my contentment in Him first. 


Application: I will spend 30 minutes in the morning just reading from His word for the next week. 

Comments

Popular Posts