He has Overcome

11/18
Joshua 23:10 "...because the Lord your God fights for you, just as he promised."

       This is one of the most beautiful promises in the Bible. There have been times in my life when I feel fearful, hopeless, helpless, lost, God has promised help. From this passage I know I can trust God to defeat those areas where I never could handle on my own. No war is too enormous for the Lord. Sometimes, however, I focus too much on my own strength and try to overcome by myself. 
You ask, "How well is that workin' for ya, Caroline?" 
 "Not well at all, in fact," I'd say. 
      Because God is the Potter and I am the clay I must yield to the touch of His hand to mold me into who I am suppose to be. If I am fully surrendered and centered to His will, I don't need to struggle with these things anymore because He will guide me perfectly and I will not waver. Even though I cannot see Him, I know Him enough to trust that He is going to fight battles for me when it's too much to bear. I need to pray to Him for strength more often, and stop looking inward. Knowing God's track record, He has never failed anyone, and has proven His power time and time again throughout history. He wants to show me that same power in my own life, I just need to work on more surrender and more faith. 

Comments

Popular Posts