Serving God by Serving Others

11/11

Joshua 22:2,3 "You have done all that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded, and you have obeyed me in everything I commanded. For a long time now - to this very day - you have not deserted your fellow Israelites but have carried out the mission the Lord your God gave you."

       One statement I have heard Pastor Mike say is that he has served God fully by faithfully serving the Godly authorities in his life. By reading these verses, we know that Joshua did the same. Joshua faithfully served the Lord and carried out the mission by well-executing the responcibilities Moses gave to Him. Throughout my christian walk there has always been a huge emphasis on "serving God by serving others." And I haven't fully walked that out until this year. Being a "servant leader" has been in the back of my mind, but I had always done it out of selfish ambition before learning was it truly meant back July.
      On tour, Jojo is out overseer, and if you know her, you know she has seemingly never ending energy, and will stay up until 3am and wake up at 6am all week long if that's what it takes. So that being said, it's not an easy thing to serve under her all of the time. But through this experience I am learning a lot about work ethic and working for the Lord. One weekly task we have on tour is to thoroughly wash the truck. Now, I could look at this as an assignment or an obligation Jojo has given to us, or I could recognise that doing this to my full ability will be an honor to the Lord and by doing the small things with everything I have is what God is asking of me day to day.

Comments

Popular Posts