Don't Rebuild It

11/4 Field Time

Joshua 6:26  "At that time Joshua pronounced this solemn oath: "Cursed before the Lord is the one who undertakes to rebuild this city, Jericho..."

           This was spoken right after the Lord helped Israel defeat the city of Jericho. The Lord puts this warning towards anyone who tries to rebuild the city after He had already destroyed it. What God was really speaking to me is that this does not only pertain to them, but whatever things in my life He has already helped me overcome I must not return to them. God is constantly showing me sins in my life that I need to work toward removing. I am usually grateful to be reminded of these areas but sometimes I easily revert back to my old ways of life. 
      For instance, one quality I have been very convicted with for the past few months is idle time. Usually, we don't have much time at all to dilly-dally and we are hardly given any time to waste. But  - for those rare moments when we have an hour of "spare time", what am I doing with it? I was confronted with this when I first started the IGNITE program, and now, 4 months in, I'm spending my idle time catching up on Stranger Things or scrolling through my Instagram. & I hear God saying, "What are these bad habit's you're rebuilding? I already walked you through this." But thankfully, He IS patient with me, and He loved me enough to show me this through His word. Not to mention that I have plenty of homework and other tasks I can be getting done in this extra time that I am blessed with! And I also need to start viewing that time as a blessing and not something I can have the liberty to toss away. So, this warning was also for me. Don't rebuild the negative characteristics and habits that God has already destroyed. 

Comments

Popular Posts