Philippians 3:10 “I want to know Christ — yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death.

Dying to self. That is the biggest lesson I have learned since arriving in Guatemala. If I can sum it up in other words: My life is not my own. Just this morning I read in Isaiah 43:7, “Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory…” which reinstates that I was made for His glory as His servant. So to become like Christ in His death, I am giving up my personal desires and I am becoming a vessel that the Lord can use in whichever way He wants. Yes, easier said than done. But I have fine up my rights and set down what I originally planned for my life at the feet of Jesus. However, I do not forsake the fact that Christ rose again. He has done the same thing in my life! Dead to self, alive in Christ. I am now living in Him. But, it’s still a daily decision. Everyday I have to decide to walk in The Spirit and not my flesh, and it’s been a challenge because Satan doesn’t want my life to be the Lord’s! But the most joyful days of my life have been the one’s that began and ended surrendered. 

My biggest desire is to get to heaven and see the Lord for the first time and think, “I am finally seeing the one I have been having fellowship with all of these years.” Another words, I will already know the character and the heart of God, but when I get to heaven it will finally be putting a face to the voice.

Comments

Popular Posts