Luke 17:7-10 “Suppose one of you has a servant plowing or looking after the sheep. Will he say to the servant when he comes in from the field, “Come along now and sit down to eat? Won’t he rather say, ‘Prepare my supper, get yourself ready and wait on me while I eat and drink; after that you may and eat and drink’? Will he thank the servant because he did what he was told to do? So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say, ‘We are unworthy servants; we have only one duty.’”


When it comes to serving I often fall under the trap of pride. When I serve to simply please my fleshly desires it causes me to believe I am higher than I am - but obviously this is garbage in the eyes of the Lord and then any “good thing” I have done is completely in vain. God has really been teaching me these past few weeks that obedience and having love for others is a way of life and I can’t view it as a task or a hardship. Viewing others through the lens of God’s love has made the Christian walk brand new for me, and not only that, but I am learning to fall in love with the Lord. Not simply because of what He has done for me or what I hope he does for me, but because of who He is. He is all-knowing, eternal, unimaginably wise, and more than that —He sacrificed His life for me in order that I can glorify Him and lay down my life as an act of praise for all of eternity. So in saying that, serving others is serving the Lord, & serving the Lord is the greatest privilege and could never be done in my own strength. Therefore, I have no reason to boast. It is only because of His sacrifice that I am able to give my life,  so it is only reasonable and my true duty to be a servant to all. 

Comments

Popular Posts