What's to Come?

        Joshua 3:3-4 giving orders to the people: “When you see the ark of the covenant of the Lord your God, and the Levitical priests carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. 4 Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before. But keep a distance of about two thousand cubits between you and the ark; do not go near it.”

So at this point I am a week into my field time. My field time starts in Montana, and I will be here until the end of October! My team has been able to meet the previous class, IGNITE class 12, because they are currently in Montana for their re-entry time! That has been truly amazing, but it has also caused me to wonder a lot about my future. 
       The next 6+months of my life are mapped out for me. I am starting in Montana, then moving on to tour on the west coast, and following that I will be headed to Uganda for 4 months, and then I will find myself in the exact spot class 12 is currently finding themselves in. Re-entry, faced with a lot of decisions to make in where to go after their year commitment to Potter's Field. At this point, I have no idea where God is calling me after IGNITE, but the last couple of days He has really been urging me to stop worrying about it. God never asks us to worry, that's just something we bring on ourselves, and I've been doing it waaaay too much lately. 
    That being said, He gave me these verses. God gave the command to the Israelites saying whenever they see the ark of the covenant they should leave where they are positioned and follow it immediately. Funny enough, He’s telling me to do the exact same. I heard the call from God to come to serve at Potter’s Field, so I went. Then when the verse says, "Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before." Obviously, I have never seen my future, but there is so much peace in knowing that my position is to walk following God's path, because He is leading me into the future that He has set out for me, and I have no need to worry about what's to come. 
      Another thing that stuck out to me, and that they are only following about a mile away from where the ark is. God does not show them the next 100 miles, or even the next 10, they only get to see what is basically right in front of them - and the Israelites are accepting by faith that the miles to come will be safe and in the right direction. God is probably not going to reveal my entire future to me in a dream, so for now, I have to press forward, walk on the land He has laid before me, and know that there is nothing He cannot do and there is no good thing He will withhold from me. 

Comments

Popular Posts