Romans 15:1 “We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.”


Our whole lives the world is telling us to please ourselves - to seek a life that will benefit our own being, and not others. But the trend seen all throughout the Bible is to seek a life that is centered around Jesus, and even Jesus had did not live to please Himself. When I am around someone weak in their faith it’s almost natural for me to not meet them where they are. However Paul says to bear each other’s weaknesses and the only way we can minister to anyone is to do exactly that. The key for me and my life is that I will need to do this with a humble attitude, laying down any pride it may bring and instead serve other’s out of the Lord’s strength alone. My call is not to simply correct my walk with Christ, but to also build others up in the kingdom of the Lord. 

Comments

Popular Posts