Philippians 4:11 “I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.”

One of the things God has been pressing into me lately is to be willing to give up my comforts for His name. It is hard for me to imagine leading a life like Paul, never staying in one place for a long time, only having the clothes on my back. But if God calls me to a life like that, would I be willing to hand that over to Him? There are so many times when I promise myself I would give up everything to follow the Lord, but when circumstances come my way it’s much harder to follow through. 
I can’t even tell you how many Christian retreats I have been on where I catch on fire for God just to have it wear off after two weeks - but what is that worth to God? Contentment isn’t only for a season, it’s a lifestyle. Paul says he will not be discouraged regardless what is thrown his way. One quote I heard in class a few weeks ago was from Pastor Brennon and he said this, “What God wants for us is what we would want for us if only we knew the outcome.” The truth is, as long and I am filled with the spirit and seeking after the heart of God, wherever I end up, even if it seems impossibly difficult, it’s exactly what God had planned for me and it will all work together for good. I can trust God to work in ways in my life that I could have never pictured for myself. 


Application: I will ask 3 different people how God has brought them into a hard situation and turned it around for good so I can hear more testimonies of God’s faithfulness. 

Comments

Popular Posts