IBS#12
Caroline Nelson 

Luke 21:19 “Stand firm, and you will win life.” 

Jesus said this to the disciples after he explained the end times with them. He told them there would be wars, betrayals, hatred, persecution, and possibly death. But when does He urge them to do? Stand firm. Carry on. Win life.
Everyday I am faced with choices. Options are laid in front of me that are pleasing to the Lord, and some that are pleasing to my flesh. A lot of times, the options that I lean towards are the easy ones. For some reason it is so simple for me to not seek out the Lord and do the things that I want to do with my life. To put it into perspective: these men were not just being warned of their comforts being stripped away, they were being warned that their LIVES could be stripped away, but the warning was not to flee from these hard circumstances it was to stand firm in them. 
What I also know is this - the world does not make it easy to stand firm. There will be people trying to push me over, pull me left and right, some may even try to climb on my shoulders and way me down until my legs give out. Thankfully, however, God isn't urging me to do this on my own. He will be my stronghold when I am feeling weak. The best way I can think to stay strong in Him is to crave His presence and spend intentional time in His word each day.


Application- I will write down 1 thing i learned from His word each day

Comments

Popular Posts