Hebrews 5:8 “Son though He was, He learned obedience from what he suffered and, once made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation for all who obey Him.” 

The night before Jesus hung on the cross He prayed fervently to His father asking God if there was anyway He could be saved from death. We know the results - Jesus was submissive to the Father’s will and had to be the sacrifice for all mankind. Even as He stared His betrayer in  the face in John 18:11 Jesus said, “Shall I not drink the cup the Father has given me?” 
That is the attitude I am learning to have. Obedience is so important in order to understand God’s plan and unless I drink the cup I am handed I will never have Him in the center. Submitting to the rules has never been too hard for me, but the attitude I have when doing what I am asked is at times sour. God has given me the inheritance of eternal life and He is asking me to listen to His word and not rebel against it and to do it with a grateful heart - and until I do that I won’t be able to stand in the will of the Lord. God is so faithful to me, so I can trust that whatever I am asked to do will be for my benefit or for the benefit of others. Even if it’s hard, it will mean heavenly gain which will be more than worth it in the end. 


Comments

Popular Posts