Hebrews 13:5 “Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leaver you; never will I forsake you.”

We see the world so caught up in the pursuit of money nowadays. A lot of my friends and family wouldn’t admit to it, but money secretly controls their life. They chose their career based on the paycheck, not whether or not God was calling them to it. More than likely, if I wasn't here in Ignite I would be getting ready to start college next week - on the road to a job that was solely for the money. THANK THE LORD He rescued me from that because now I am learning that God is enough.

He is enough. He is enough to comfort me when I am down, He is enough to provide for my needs, He is enough to make me feel loved, He is enough to drag me out of any pit of sin, He is enough to make me feel joy, He is worth abundantly more than any sum of money, and the Bible promises that He will never leave or forsake. So with this I can be free from the love of wealth, and I can be content in the Lord and have my confidence in Him, and He promises to be there every step of my life so I have no other excuse then to rely on God fully with everything I have. I can be content. Why? because I have the Lord. Nothing else could suffice, anyway.

Comments

Popular Posts