Caroline Nelson

Colossians 1:11 “being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience.”

In the verses before this Paul mentions to the Colossians that he has been praying or them to be filled with the knowledge of God’s will through the Spirit. This is essential to pleasing the Lord, growing in Him, and bearing fruit. Paul wasn’t trying to write this off like it was easy, though. Because in verse 11 he prays for them to have strength to endure and patience to wait on the Lord.
I have been here in training for a month now. I cannot even begin to explain how much God has been showing and revealing to me about my life. He has directly shown me to lay down control of my own life, and what it really means to follow Him with no restrains. However, believe it or not, without the right mindset it is easy for life here and class to feel mundane. It’s simple to show up where and when the leaders ask you to show up, it’s easy to do a quick devotional in the morning, it’s easy to close your eyes and bow your head during prayer. So to persevere is something that God has asked of me. Not only has it been asked of me, but it’s entirely essential. If I don't choose to persevere then all of these teachings I am getting are going to go in one ear and out of the other. Truthfully, what you put into training is what you will get out of it, so I have to stick it out and give it my all. 


Application: As Paul was strengthening his friends, I will write down the name of all of the people in my class and will pray for 1 of them every day for the next 28 days. 

Comments

Popular Posts