1 Corinthians 9:22 “To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save someone.” 

There’s a saying here for Kid’s Club, “If you’re not into it, they’re not into it!” Another words, whether we are sitting in the lesson, dancing to worship songs, or playing a game, if we as leaders don't show the kids that we’re loving it, they won’t have that example to follow and therefore won’t show interest in that activity either! So when it comes to this verse and this context, Paul is talking about how he has become a slave to all people, and depending on their beliefs or where they are in life he has humbly became a person they can relate to. Just as when I am joining an activity at kid’s club, I need to remember to let loose and act like a child! 

There are many stereotypes about Americans from the States coming into foreign countries trying to change their way of life or disregarding their culture.This verse speaks to me by saying that wherever I am - in Guatemala or Uganda or wherever else, Christ is not asking me to altar anyone’s customs, but to instead meet them wherever they are and display His love through my actions. Never to attempt to convert them to my social habits, rather to draw them to Christ and saving grace. 

Comments

Popular Posts