Inductive Bible Study

IBS #1
Caroline Nelson


Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” 
The definition of faith in Hebrews 11:1 is that it is “confidence in what we hope for.” So what exactly does that mean? Does it mean that if I hope and pray to have enough money to travel to every country in the world, I can be confident that wish will be granted? Of course not! But it does mean that I can have confidence in God’s promises, as they are each certain and steadfast. Not only that, but I am confident that the Lord will show Himself to me, reveal His plan, hold dear to me when I am hurting, correct me when I stumble, and has an eternal home waiting for those who love Him.

There are many accounts in the Bible where followers of Christ have an abundance of faith. One person we have discussed during Ignite class is Abraham. Abraham was promised a great amount of blessings from God, and even though he didn't live to see the generations to come he consistently had faith in God and his hope was never crushed. This is where the second half of the verse applies, “and assurance about what we do not see.” That being said, as Abraham had to have faith that God would fulfill His promises, I also have to trust God with my future. I know that He has already started to complete a work in me here in training, but at this point, I have no idea where God is taking me. However, before He reveals to me where my life is going, I need to first step out in faith and cling to what I do know - that God is eternally faithful to His followers, and through my trust in Him, I will always have hope. 

my application is that i will write down 1 thing each day for the next two weeks where God was faithful to me. 

Application: Each day i will make note of 1 way that I can grow in my faith with God for the next two weeks 

Comments

Popular Posts