IBS #9
Caroline Nelson

Ephesians 5:15-17 “Be very careful then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.” 

Paul isn't blind to the fact that the world is an exact opposite picture of wisdom. However, He is urging us to be wise in the eyes of the Lord. The perfect picture of a christian is not just to sit back, relax and enjoy the ride of life. We have to be proactive in our walk with Christ in order to “make the most of every opportunity” and avoid turning down the wide path of evil. 
I have struggled at many points in my life with making the wise decision. Regularly my flesh overpowers my spirit and I give in to being foolish. But a huge part of finding out the will of the Lord is to seek His heart, and by praying for wisdom daily, the Spirit will direct me in my choices so they will better reflect the Father’s. Paul is pretty clear that unless I choose the godly path, the Lord won’t reveal His plan for me. How silly would it be for me to leave my friends and family, my church, my home, and my comforts to come down to Guatemala with Potter’s Field if I had no intention to seek the opportunities God has for my life? Of course I want to know God’s will! I would have never made the decision to come here if that wasn’t a desire God put on my heart. This week has been a new challenge, to make wise, God-fearing choices, and I will pray each day that God directs my decision making.


Application: I will write this verse down and put it next to my bunk bed and read and pray about it every morning for the next week - first thing when I wake up. 

Comments

Popular Posts