IBS #7
Caroline Nelson

Psalm 111:10 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow His precepts have good understanding. To Him belongs eternal praise.”

The beginning of this verse is basically saying, “If you want Biblical wisdom, step #1 is this: FEAR GOD. Ever since I heard the topic for this week was wisdom I have been asking myself if I am wise in God’s eyes. So when I read Psalms 111:10 I first had to consider what true fear of the Lord looks like, and if I am displaying that with my actions and lifestyle. Before starting Ignite, the hardest part about fearing God came from fact that would not acknowledge His presence. I knew in my head that God was omnipresent, but I didn't consider that fact when I strayed away from His commands or disobeyed authority. What concerned me the most was the consequences of getting in trouble, but not the idea that God was truly present at all times in my life. Now that I have learned to recognize God’s hand in my life at every waking moment, I have developed a fear of Him. Not simply because I am afraid of getting punished, but because I know that he loves me and I am in a sense - afraid - to step out of His will for my life. In the Bible God tells us that if we draw near to Him He will draw near to us, and ever since I have felt my relationship grow deeper with Him I am fearful of what it would be like if I stopped seeking the Lord and strayed from us meeting together. 

Slowly but surely God is pruning me to recognize my awe and fear of Him, which means I am one step closer to having biblical wisdom. 

Application: I will pray with one of met roommates about having ore wisdom

Comments

Popular Posts