IBS #5
Caroline Nelson 

Mark 10:47-49
“When he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to shout, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”
Many rebuked him and told him to be quiet, but he shouted all the more, “Son of David have mercy on me!”
Jesus stopped and said, “Call him.”

Many of us have heard the ending to this story told in the gospels. As we know, this blind beggar is healed by Jesus and is gains his sight! Amazing, right? But why was it that Jesus healed him? It was because the man showed faith. Even though he had never seen Jesus, or seen his miracles, the man believed everything he had heard about Jesus and was willing to be scolded in order to reach Him. As he was calling out to be healed the crown was mocking and rebuking him, but that did not stop him. In fact, it says he “shouted all the more.”
This part of the text caused me to reflect on the times where I am afraid to stand out in my faith in God, simply because society mocks me or disagrees. Others may assume that my longing for the Lord is meaningless, but like this passage says, Jesus will show Himself in my life if I call out to Him. Jesus didn’t listen to the crowd, He has compassion on the man regardless of his social status and rewarded him for his faith. Like this beggar, I am undeserving of the grace of God, but because of this example I will never be ashamed to stand out in my belief in Christ. 

Application: I will no longer be ashamed to proclaim my faith on Christ. My next post on social media will talk about what God has been doing in my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts