4

IBS #4
Caroline Nelson
One day Jesus said to His disciples, “Let us go over to the other side of the lake.” So they got into a boat and set out. As they sailed, He fell asleep. A squall came down on the lake, so that the boat was being swamped, and they were in great danger. 
The disciples went and woke Him, saying, “Master, Master, we’re going to drown!” 
He got up and rebuked the wind and the raging water; the storm subsided and all was calm. “Where is your faith?” He asked His disciples. 

The first thing that stuck out to me about this verse is that Jesus asks the disciples to go the other side of the lake, completely aware of what was about to happen. He knew there was about to be a huge storm and he knew their faith was about to tested. Jesus still does that with His followers today! Through every trial, I can know the Lord has already gone before me and He already has it under control. That is something I need to learn to accept by faith.
Next I put myself into the disciple’s shoes. When they were hit with the big storm, I am sure they began to question Jesus. Something similar to “Why in the world did He ask us to cross the lake if He knew very well how dangerous it was going to be?” What they didn't understand was that there was miracle about to take place. Without first being put into the storm, they wouldn't have seen how Jesus was going to display His power. With following God and surrendering my life, I am sure there are going to be situations He places in my way that I don’t understand. However, I need to have faith and not question God, because He looks out for those who love Him. 

Application: I will write down any fears I have with following God and I will pray of them for the next week

Comments

Popular Posts