3

Ibs #3
Caroline Nelson
Matthew 8:9,10 ““For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, ‘Go’ and he goes; and that one, ‘come’ and he comes. I say to my servant, ‘Do this’ and he does it.”
When Jesus heard this, He was amazed and said to those following Him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.””
The story that these verses are pulled out from is the time when the centurion man came up to Jesus, begging Him to heal his paralyzed servant. Jesus replied asking, “Shall I come and heal Him?” After Jesus said this, the centurion did not hesitate to say that he did not need Jesus to come to his house to heal his servant, instead he simply asked for Jesus to say the word and his servant will be healed. 
Verse 10 says that Jesus was amazed at this man’s faith. In fact, he hadn’t found any like it before. So that’s where I have to ask myself - do I have that sort of faith? The sort of faith that would even cause God to say, “I have not found anyone with such great faith.” It took a leap of faith to leave my home and family for a year, but this year serving for Potter’s Field Ministries won’t mark the end of my life. I cannot choose to only follow God for my time in Ignite, I have to choose to follow Him until the day I die, and living my entire life for Christ is going to take an enormous amount of sacrifice. But the convicting piece about these verses is that God is asking me to have overflowing faith. The kind that isn't held back even if that means I have to give up the rights to control my own life and choose to walk in line with the Lord daily. The radical faith is what amazes Jesus. By the grace of God I will live my life that way until the day He takes me home.


Application: i will ask 5 people what miracles they have seen in their life

Comments

Popular Posts