#2

IBS #2
Caroline Nelson 

Hebrews 11:6 “And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek Him.”

God calls us to have faith - no doubt about it. And whereas I have had faith that God exists for long time, the kind of faith that causes me to earnestly seek the Lord is something I have lacked for awhile. However, God has been showing me recently more than ever that my life needs to be centered on Him. I can’t flippantly say “Oh yeah God is number one in my life” without diving in wholeheartedly. A sure fact that I forget so often is that this life is only temporary. The Bible says that we are strangers on earth and I’m often so caught up with my human life I am not focused on my everlasting destination before me. A huge step that I need to take in my faith is to give up my earthly desires, and instead long for the Lord and future He is preparing for me. The thing is, without radical faith, I will never be able to please God for my time on earth. God does not ask me to trust Him with part of my life, or even with most of my life… He calls me to devote my life to Him. 
What holds me back? Meaningless desires. 
Even though I know what I am clinging to is only spiritually weakening me, my flesh fights the will of my spirit and feels like a constant tug of war between God’s will and my own. But I know that God is calling me to have unwavering faith in Him, and I will choose to walk in faith each day.


Application: I will ask at least 4 people how God has spoken in their life lately 

Comments

Popular Posts