Head Held High

Psalm 3:3 "But you, Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high."

This was my first week in Uganda! I knew the very first day that I was completely in love with the country, culture, and people. But I'm the morning of my second day I woke up wondering, "why did God choose this for me?" 

So I asked Him. I just began reading through Psalms, and this verse was one that stuck out to me because I felt this was how God answered my question. At first glance, I thought this verse was implying God was giving David some sort of confidence or power in himself by "lifting his head high" but then the Lord showed me that it meant lifting David's head towards God. Here in this country I cannot be an asset for my team or the people here unless I have my mind focused on heaven - focused on the Lord. So maybe my question wasn't answered directly, but I feel as though the question at hand will be answered in time if I continue to meditate on God and choose Him before anything else in my time here and in my life. 

Comments

Popular Posts