John 15:15 “I no longer call you servants, because servants do not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for anything that I’ve learned from my father I have made known to you.” 

Being a friend of Jesus is a mental picture I’ve never been able to fabricate. I remember one of our first church services here in Guatemala & the song playing was “I am a friend of God,” and not that it was my first time hearing that song, but I would say it was the first time my eyes were open to that song. I stood there singing, “I am a friend of God, He calls me friend!” but I was simultaneously thinking to myself, “How? How is the Lord of Lord, King of Kings, Creator of everything that exists, my friend?” 

God opened my eyes that night. I shouldn’t underestimate of the sovereignty of Jesus, but at the same time I should never lose sight of the fact that He humbled Himself and lived a human life in order that He can relate to us. After this reading this verse I am also drawn to the fact that being GOD’S FRIEND is a huge privilege. Verse 14 says if we obey His commands then He considers us friends. I would have to be a fool to pass that up, right? I don't want a relationship with God where He is solely my Lord, my Father, or my King — I want to also have communion with Him as my best friend.

Comments

Popular Posts