1 Timothy 4:8 “For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.”


Something that has been heavy on my heart lately is living a life that I want to be judged before the throne of God. Because someday in heaven, I will have to give an account for the time I spent on earth… it’s absolutely crazy to think about. But when that realisation really sinks into my mind, it makes me consider how I spend my time as well as how I act more. Now, obviously this verse is not condemning going for a run, or playing sports, but instead it’s encouraging us to focus our time on things that will truly matter. Living a life for God isn't going to only help me now, but it will improve all of eternity. What I do for the Kingdom of God will never fade. Every. Single. Day. I have the choice whether or not I am going to store things in heaven - and I want to keep this reminder in my head so I don’t lose sight of what truly matters. 

Comments

Popular Posts