IBS#8
Caroline Nelson

James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.”

According to the verse right before this, James urges christians to be mature and complete in the Lord. From there he begins to point to the fact that anyone who is lacking in wisdom needs to seek the Lord and ask Him for it! I have heard this verse many times throughout my life, but I am not sure if I have ever boldly asked for it in prayer. So after reading this verse, that’s exactly what I did. I came to the Lord and asked Him to give me discernment when it comes to following His commands and His will. 
Oftentimes I overlook the part that says He “gives generously to all without finding fault,” but now I realize that section completes the entire idea. If I ask God with complete faith for wisdom, He won’t look at all of my sin and say, “I’m not sure she’s worthy.” God is so faithful! He will generously give and overlooks all of my wickedness in order to lead me closer to His side. Another verse that came to mind is Proverbs 3:5,6. 

“Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not lean on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight.” 

God desires for me to seek His will and being able to discern His commands from my desires (wisdom) is how He is going to reveal the path He has for my life. 

Application: I will write down 1 way everyday when I had to use discernment to make the right decision. 


Comments

Popular Posts